Bitcoin Wallet Hardware Compare!
A hardware wallet is a physical electronic device, built for the sole purpose of securing bitcoins.
The core innovation is that the hardware wallet must be connected to your computer, phone, or tablet before bitcoins may be spent.
The Four most popular and best Bitcoin hardware wallets are:
Hardware wallets are a good choice if you’re serious about security and convenient, reliable Bitcoin storage.
Bitcoin hardware wallets keep private keys separate from vulnerable, internet-connected devices.
Your all-important private keys are maintained in a secure offline environment on the hardware wallet, fully protected even should the device be plugged into a malware-infected computer.
As bitcoins are digital, cyber-criminals could, potentially, target your computer’s “software wallet” and steal them by accessing your private key.
Generating and storing private keys offline using a hardware wallet ensures that hackers have no way to reach your bitcoins.
Hackers would have to steal the hardware wallet itself, but even then, it can be protected with a PIN code.
Don’t worry about your hardware wallet getting stolen, lost or damaged either; so long as you create a secret backup code, you can always retrieve your bitcoins.
NOW TO COMPARE!
Bitcoin Wallet Hardware Compare!
1. KeepKey: The Simple Hardware Bitcoin Wallet!
- Bank-Grade Security that is Simple: KeepKey is the most secure bitcoin wallet available. It makes best-practice bitcoin security easy so that even your grandmother can protect her bitcoin wealth.
- Backup and Recovery: During initialization, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device and its bitcoins without compromising the security of your private keys.
- Virus and Malware Proof: Because KeepKey does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device. Using KeepKey gives you confidence that hackers can’t get to your bitcoins.
- Multi-Currency Support: KeepKey not only supports Bitcoin, but also Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and Testnet.
- Works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android: KeepKey is a USB HID-class device. That means, like a typical mouse or keyboard, drivers are not required. Plug in the provided premium USB cable, and your device just works: immediately giving you the highest level of bitcoin security.
2. Ledger Nano S – Cryptocurrency hardware wallet
- CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET – Ledger Nano S is a Bitcoin Wallet also a Ethereum and Altcoins hardware wallet, based on robust safety features for storing cryptographic assets and securing digital payments. It connects to any computer (USB) and embeds a secure OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its side buttons.
- SECURE PIN – When you own cryptocurrencies, you need to protect your confidential data and the access to your funds. With Ledger Nano S, secrets like private keys are never exposed: sensitive operations are isolated inside your hardware wallet within a state-of-the-art Secure Element, locked by a PIN code. Transactions can’t get tampered with, they are physically verified on the embedded screen with a simple press on a button.
- PAY AND AUTHENTICATE – Ledger Nano S includes Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic companion apps, and other blockchain-based cryptocurrencies. You can send and receive payments, check your accounts and manage multiple addresses for each currency from the same device. Nano S also supports the FIDO® Universal Second Factor standard that simplifies the authentication process on compatible online services such as GMail, Dashlane, Dropbox or GitHub.
- BACKUP AND RESTORATION – Do not worry if you lose your physical Ledger Nano S. Your accounts are backed up on a recovery sheet of 24 unique words that you create. Easy restoration on any Ledger device or compatible wallets (BIP39/BIP44).
- NO WAIT – All other Ledger Nano S shipments are on back order until September 1st. Do not hesitate to keep your hard earned cryptocurrencies safe.
3. Ledger HW.1
- MULTI-SIGNATURE : HW.1 can be used with multi-signature wallets for communities or enterprises needs in treasury management.
- EDITIONS: Ledger HW.1 exists in “Classic”, “Multisig” or “Enterprise” editions depending on your intended use, with free updates.
- BACKUP & RESTORATION: In case of loss, you can restore it on any Ledger Wallet (Nano or another one) or all other compatible solutions (BIP 39).
- SECURITY: Your bitcoins are secured by a microchip locked by a PIN code. Transactions are verified by an anti-malware second factor.
- MALWARE PROOF: Even on a compromised computer, you can authenticate each payment with your second factor security card, or through push notifications on your smartphone (Ledger Authenticator Android/iOS app).
- Replaceable, bitcoin wallet Cheap!
- Easy to misplace
4. Satoshi Labs bitcoin wallet Trezor
- Ultimate security
- Ease of Use: works on Windows, OS X, and Linux. Plug in the provided USB cable
- Modern Cryptography
- Community driven open-source Bitcoin Wallet
- Simple yet effective
- Big and bulky
|Ledger Nano S||2016||$145|